Monday, August 24, 2009

When I Was A Little Girl...

When I was a little girl... I had lots of thoughts.

Perhaps I would never grow up...perhaps I would stay a child forever.

Of course, I would never stop playing pretend.

I would always love dolls, twirling, and the Backstreet Boys.

In Kindergarten, I sat next to an older girl on the bus. She would always smear oily, smelly make-up all over her face on the way to school.

I would never do that.

I would always have the time to climb trees, read, and lay on the side of my old forgotten bridge...dreaming...

I would love Star Trek, Star Wars, and Science Fiction ALWAYS...

If I did grow up, I would have 1,000 babies or adopt a whole mansion of children and love them as my own.

I would meet a most wonderful man. I would meet him in some adventurous way...
...He would rescue me from a burning building...
...I would be a mermaid, rescuing him from drowning and fall in love with him...
...He would gallop after me on his noble steed, after my own wild and fiery horse had gotten loose...

The higher we climbed into our treehouse, the farther we stepped into a different world.

3 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me at your writing talents as an authoress. I am glad to be known as your cousin.

    I look outside and I see the leaves billowing in the breeze. They look like small emerald diamonds shimmering here and there. Take away the knowledge of the wind and you look upon a silent wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are also a fantastic writer. We are like the Bronte sisters... only cousins. and not famous. yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...mermaid...I didn't even read this post...just caught the part about mermaids and remembered when we were about 11 and you told me your father was King Triton. HA. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete