Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Shadow and The Wind

Outside...in the black pitch of night... there is darkness waiting...
It slinks about the walls of this grand fortress...
This grand fortress you have so lovingly constructed for me...

Sometimes I see it's form in the shadow of the wall...
I think it may be a snake...It's deep, throaty voice, coming out in a hiss...
"You will never be loved. You will never be happy. You will never succeed."

You did something didn't you?
To the snake, I mean?

At times, I sense the Shadow... the night in it's descending fear...
But I haven't seen the snake for quite some time.

The other day I went walking... and I saw a snake's head detached and apart from it's body.
It's body lay in a coiled heap on the dusty road.

That very night I heard a soft breeze whispering...It seemed to choke out the Shadow...
Sent it quivering into the glade...
And the hum of the river, just over the hills...Could finally reach my ears.

I heard a sweet whisper in that Wind:
"You are so valuable. You are so beautiful. You are so important to me. I love you so very much."

You killed that snake, didn't you?

Tonight, when the Shadow seems to hover in the clouds...I will believe the Wind.

I will close my eyes, and believe the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment