Monday, August 3, 2009

MUST READ BOOKLIST

My Summer Reads:

- The Book of James (in the Bible): I just think it's a good summer book.

- The Pilgrim's Regress by C.S. Lewis: I'm currently reading it for the first time, and it is written in these small, PACKED with gold, sections... so packed that sometimes even the titles alone hold a wealth of meaning. I love anything this man has written. (that I've read)

- The Chronicles of Narnia by Clive Staples Lewis: It's the ultimate fiction series... which let's face it: summer reading is perfect for fiction. Fantasy + Fiction + Christian parallels + Aslan= AWESOME-ness. I don't know how many times I've read these guys. Always good. I started in May re-reading... and I'm at Prince Caspian. I'm reading them in the order C.S. Lewis intended them to be read...not the order in which they were written.

- Captivating by John and Stasi Elderedge sp?: It's got some very true and important things to say about women. Lots of focus on healing and recognizing beauty in ourselves.

-The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer: Never read it. Or anything of hers. It just looks good. So I would like to read that.

-Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery: It's summer. It's definitely a summer read. So poetic. It's not for everyone. But if you like drivel and romanticized crap with long and descriptive words and imagery... then you'll like it. It's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment